In response to Western Australia health regulations, Perth Metropolitan, Peel and South-West Regions will go into a hard 5-day lockdown, while contact tracers work to ensure the UK strain of COVID-19 is not circulating in the community.
During this time, we wish to advise that we are an essential service that will remain open for the duration of the lockdown.
VISITORS ARE NOT PERMITTED but visitors deemed essential to provide essential services e.g. electrical, air-conditioning, plumbing may enter following screening and must wear a mask.
- Requests to visit for example on compassionate grounds to be directed to the Hospital’s Director of Clinical Services.
PATIENTS who reside or work in Perth metropolitan region, the Peel region the south-west region:
- Elective procedures for categories 2 and 3 will be suspended from Tuesday, 2 February. Category 1 and urgent category 2 procedures will continue.
- Day program patients to be deferred for the period of lockdown.
- A COVID-19 test should be attended no more than 5 days prior to scheduled procedure wherever possible.
- Patients should isolate after their test until the result is known (provide the HCA/LMG isolation in accommodation prior to treatment/surgery/procedure information sheet)
- Are required to provide a negative COVID-19 status prior to admission
- Patients presenting directly from the community, inter and intra hospital transfers must wear a mask.
PATIENTS who reside or are visiting from other states:
- Patients who reside or visited QLD, VIC, SA, TAS, ACT, NT are permitted entry
- Patients from NSW are excluded until completed 14 days of quarantine in a designated WA quarantine accommodation.
Staff, Visitors and Patients* are to monitor for symptoms if attended any of the locations listed below identified for increase monitoring.
If you have been to any of these locations during the time and date indicated you should:
- Get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result
- Continue to watch for COVID-19 symptoms and if any symptoms occur, get tested again.
- Maylands 25/01/2021 (8.00 pm to 10.00 pm)
Coles - Caledonian Ave and Guildford Rd, Maylands WA 6051
- Maylands 27/01/2021 (6.00 pm to 12 midnight)
Kentucky Fried Chicken - 209 Guildford Rd, Maylands WA 6051
- Midland 27/01/2021 (7.00 pm to close)
Mitsubishi Motors -161 Great Eastern Highway, Midland WA 6056
- Morley 27/01/2021 (8.00 pm to midnight )
Spudshed - Coventry Village, 243-253 Walter Rd W, Morley WA 6062
- Perth 27/01/2021 (2.00 pm to 3.00 pm)
Arena Convenience Store (Grab N Go) 3/69 Milligan Street, Perth WA 6000
- Joondalup 28/01/2021 (11.00 am to 2.00 pm )
Edith Cowan University - 270 Joondalup Drive WA 6027 Building 31
- Perth 28/01/2021 (12.30 pm to 3.00 pm)
VFS Global Indian Visa Services - L1, 195 Adelaide Tce, East Perth WA
People in , Perth Metropolitan, Peel and South-West Regions will be required to stay at home except for the following reasons:
- Undertake duties as an essential worker or to transport an essential worker;
- Shop for essentials like groceries, medicine and necessary supplies;
- Medical or health care needs including compassionate requirements and looking after the vulnerable; and
- Exercise within their neighbourhood, but only with one other person and only for one hour per day.
Masks are to be worn at all times when outside of your place of residence, this includes at workplaces and on public transport.
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
For information regarding the latest WA Government restrictions, please visit:
Perth metro, Peel and South West to enter hard lockdown (www.wa.gov.au)
Thank you for your understanding and continued support to keep our community safe.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and follow guidance issued by WA Government and amend these measures as necessary.